Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 7: castle

It is a big tourist destination in Germany to visit the castles of King Ludwig II . . . something I never managed to do while living in Germany; go figure. I knew that I wanted to go see them since they were so close to where we were staying . . . today we went to Linderhof. It is a small castle but not to shabby and I am certain I could manage to live there even though it is a bit over the top on the decorations.

A view from up top near the grotto . . . as you can see someone was less than impressed . . .



. . . the mention of eis (ice cream) he sure perked up!

final photo . . . I think the view is just amazingly beautiful . . . he might have been a crazy king but he sure picked great locations.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am reading this series about castles right now and now you've given me the travel bug...

Thomas & Elva said...

Glad to see the weather improved for you in Amsterdam. That was my favorite city during our trip through Europe, and it would have been a shame if you were not able to experience it during great wether. I especially loved walking alone the canals. And of course it didn't hurt that pretty much everyone understood English :)

-Tommy

Genie said...

You have my phone number, right? Can't wait to catch up and see Colin.

Genie

ABW said...

That was one of my favorite castles that we visited! Glad you are able to see things that you didn't before, and who wouldn't perk up at the thought of eis!