Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 10: train to Zurich

Today we headed south for a day on the train . . . and the next few days we will be on the train daily as we explore Switzerland by rail on the Golden Pass Line . . . excited since I have never been to this country before. Then again really was never too excited about coming since it is SO expensive. Here is what we had for dinner . . . kid's choice:

McDonalds $20
happy meal $7
chicken sandwich meal $13
gelato (one scoop each) $7
apple juice and water $7
internet $0

So I guess it all balances out. As soon as Colin opened the apple juice he said it tasted funny . . . and well it does . . . he has decided it is 'beer apple juice' . . . I tell you this kid keeps me laughing.

On the train . . .



practicing taking photos through train window


Zurich . . .

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A little like when we were in Hawaii, I was amazed by the prices of mcDonald's. Now where did the value menu go???

Unknown said...

ha
beer apple juice