Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 14: Interlaken to Lausanne

Today was the final day of the Golden Pass train route . . . it was suppose to be the most scenic one so I reserved VIP seating! We were literally the front row of the train and will say it was a little weird to see other trains coming right at you . . . the conductor sits up top in a little bubble thing . . . the top pair of windshield wipers.

The views were amazing even if it was yet another day of overcast and light rain . . . I swear my timing has not been so good this trip . . . and no plans to come back to Switzerland unless someone is funding it other than me, lol.

And about an hour into the trip this happened . . . . . . riding a train can only be so exciting after 5 days!

We left "German" Switzerland today and are now in "French" Switzerland . . . and I wasn't sure if we would stay in the area for another night or not but after stopping by to ask about a return ticket I quickly decided it was time to head back to Germany. I asked for a time schedule and she gave me one that had the first train at 720 . . . I was like ummm, do you have one later and she told me to sit down and be quiet . . . so French isn't it! I swear up until today everyone has been so friendly and helpful but this town (Lausanne) is so not friendly . . . well the girl that took my order at McDonald's was very sweet. It almost feels as if we are in a totally different country.

Needless to say I just booked the ticket right then. She then asked how old the child was . . . told her 5 when Colin decided he needed to speak and insisted he was 6 . . . of course I got 'the look' and she again questioned me. I told her no matter what he says, he is 5 and if she needed to see his passport she could check . . . she took my word. So back to Germany tomorrow . . . and I am sick of McDonald's . . . can't wait for some real food!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Too funny! Children never cease to amaze me.

KMcD said...

LOL! Why do kids pick the worst moment to tell little "fibs"? Not that there is a perfect moment, but you know what I mean!!! That boy!

These are great pictures and posts btw. Thanks letting us "share" your trip with you (and know you are o.k.)! Big hugs to you and Colin. Tell him Jacob has been talking about wanting to play army with him again.

Unknown said...

This is the last year my daughter gets the kid rate for meals but likes to say she is 13 and not 12 which knocks her out of the ball park for kids menu...

Unknown said...

LOL
that's hilar