Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 28: changing locations

After much thought, we decided to change apartments . . . I guess I am getting a little tired of the 'off the beaten path' travel. While we really did enjoy the great location of the apartment and lack of tourist, we decided to depart early and head north to explore the island a little more especially since we keep hearing how amazing the beaches are in the north.

Out came the travel book to see what was between Portoscuso and Alghero. Since I have spent a lot time dragging Colin to museums and him telling me, "no more museums" . . . we decided that exploring some ruins might be nice. It was my day to drive and man were the roads curvy but the views were nice. Since I do try and be a nice mommy, we made a short stop in Bosa so Colin could play in the water and beach . . . that was short lived as it was really windy and big waves and I was not in a swimsuit. He was less than happy and right before he got out swallowed a huge mouth of water . . . talk about major gagging but maybe next time he will listen when it is time to get out.

We spent some time wandering around Tharros which was nice.






The new hotel is okay . . . I bet in the 70s or 80s it was hopping BUT the shower works so we are happy tourists again. Colin loves that it has a pool and a mini golf course. Once again for dinner it was pizza and eis . . . tonight's flavor was Belgian Chocolate and it was super rich. And just a few weeks ago I made an off hand comment that I thought I would not gain much weight this trip . . . and then I remembered the food of Italy and Germany are so my weaknesses.

0 comments: