Sunday, June 14, 2009

Day 20: hanging out

We are still 'home' and enjoying hanging out with friends. Today we met Genie for tea, cruising, and lunch. It was nice to sit, chat, and catch up . . . I am sure her cats are glad Colin is gone. I tell you this boy loves animals. Of course he thought it was super cool to go for a spin in her cool car . . . funny to see him sitting in the back seat with his little sunglasses on while the top was down . . . and to explore the back roads between our old town and her town . . . of course with a stop to play in the freshly cut hay. We had lunch at the old stammtisch . . . was probably the best Jagerschnitzel I ever had at Herman's . . . oh so yummy!

3 comments:

Genie said...

You kept your promise of no pictures of me, but you can put Colin up! Here's the link, I e-mailed it to you too. Beware, it will give you cavities!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/02/apple_dumplings/

Thomas & Elva said...

Well, I made the mistake of clicking on the link that Genie posted . . . OMG I want some apple dumplings right now! They look fantastic. Seriously, where can I get some of them without actually going through the trouble of making them myself? :)

-Tom

Unknown said...

Pioneer Woman rocks!!! The steak bites, eggplant pasta stuff, and cinnamon rolls. I actually cook when I use her websites...