Friday, June 5, 2009

Day 11: Zurich to Lucerne

We took the one hour train ride from Zurich to Lucerne . . . nice and short so we got to spend the day enjoying the city. I enjoyed Lucerne more than Zurich but these train stations get confusing . . . I get so frustrated when I can figure things out and throw in a five year old who has other ideas than standing next to his mom while she tries to figure out the map. I do think my map skills have improved since that was never 'my job' while traveling. The good news is I was able to find an adapter for my laptop so here I sit writing away while Colin enjoys a little Speed Racer . . . the original series.

The weather has been so nice and much warmer in Switzerland than Germany . . . guess I should have checked the forecast since I assumed it would be cool and packed mostly long sleeved shirts and pants. Today we enjoyed visiting the Lion Monument (picture 1), Chapel Bridge with water tower (picture 2), Picasso Museum Luzern, and feeding the swans. It is nice to just walk along the lake and enjoy the amazing views.


There are swans everywhere and of course any five year old boy wants to feed them . . . so to the store we go to buy bread . . . lots of bread. I was surprised at how many adult tourist stop and feed them. Well we managed to spend a big chunk of time there too but that is what it sometimes takes when traveling with a kid. It was hilarious when one got out of the water and started coming towards Colin . . . talk about moving those little feet fast.




Tomorrow we are back on the train!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I had to pull out a map today to figure out which way you have been. Too bad there isn't a map widget thingy so you could show us where you've been.

Unknown said...

Adapter??? What's that?? Post about it when you get back..

M said...

Reid and I went to Lucerne back in 2003, we were so amazed by how expensive it was! One night we wanted Chinese food, but saw it would cost over $70, so we ended up at a showing of "Pirates of the Carribean" in english with french and german subtitles and had popcorn instead! Have a great time!