Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 19: Home

Ahhhh, there is no place like 'home' . . . in fact when Alex picked us up at the airport a few weeks ago I asked Colin where we were and he said, "Kansas." So he was a little off but funny none the less . . . so we are back at my old stomping grounds . . . enjoying the 'good life' and catching up with dear friends too.

If you know me you know that the best times in my life occurred while in Germany. I just loved my life there, my house, our friends . . . I became good friends with three local girls who literally where my escape from the dog and child . . . they would come by and take Murphy for a walk or babysit Colin for a few hours or just sit and chat. It was so nice for the break but even nicer to get to interact with them. Over the years we have remained in contact by email and sending pictures. They would often ask when we were coming to visit and today their wish came true . . . the night before we left in November 2004, they stopped by to see us and it was emotional . . . I did not know if we would ever see each other again but today we did!

November 2004

June 2009


Thanks girls . . . we really enjoyed spending the afternoon with you and can't wait to see you again. As we drove away Colin said, "I think I'm going to miss my babysitters and those puppies too."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

¡¡¡Buenas Amigas!!!

The Mrs. said...

I think it's great that you got to go back and see your old friends. Especially friends like that!