Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 23: Garmisch

We have been staying in Garmisch which a lot of Americans who are stationed in Europe visit for vacation . . . don't get me started on my opinions . . . it is a nice area but well, I will keep my thoughts to myself. Since today was the first nice day . . . read that as not cloudy or raining . . . we headed out to do some of the local tourist attractions.

first stop: Wankbahn . . . think Zugspitze but not as high, able to hike around, and much cheaper . . . really beautiful and the ride up and down was nice and cozy.


next stop: Rodelbahn . . . FUN!!! I swear I have never met a person who doesn't like the rodelbahn . . . the kid in everyone comes out! I think the fastest that I went was 23 kilometers per hour . . .
final stop: Partnach Gorge . . . no photos because I was too nervous that Colin was going to slip and fall in . . . it was very beautiful and I swear I wanted to just jump in that water.

So as you can tell we did the Garmisch Express Tour in half a day! Tomorrow we are headed to much warmer weather . . . it is going to be one adventure just getting there . . . stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Genie said...

Is it bad that I snickered when I saw 'Wankbahn'? Must be the British in me.

Unknown said...

How fun, I can't believe you managed to squeeze all that in in 1/2 a day. I want to spend that much time exploring Europe...