Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day 5: Amsterdam Review

Today we caught a flight south . . . we are in Garmisch to visit my friend Alex for a bit . . . so our 'home' country is base for a few days . . . no big plans but we will be doing some day trips I never managed to do while living in Germany. So here is a recap of what we enjoyed the most the last few days.

Heidi's Top 5
1. Anne Frank House
2. walking along canals; beautiful houses
3. flower market
4. seeing artwork of Van Gogh
5. Rijksmuseum

Colin's Top 5 (in random order)
1. city train
2. limo boats (boat ride on canal)
3. bus trip to see ducks, cows, and sheep
4. feeding pigeons and birds
5. ship and cannon at museum

Are you laughing at Colin's top 5? I did enjoy Amsterdam even though my first impression was not so grand . . . cold, rainy, and tired . . . but as the days ticked by the more I really enjoyed the city. I am really looking forward to some slower paced days ahead and catching up with Alex . . .

Final shot from Amsterdam . . . no I have tons more but not going to post them all . . . this was taken in the town of Marken which was from our organized tour the other day.

4 comments:

M said...

I am so excited your on this trip, what a great experience for the both of you! I am also impressed by your ability to travel so well with a 5 year old and then post detailed blog posts complete with pictures! I am enjoying them so much. Say hello to Germany for us! Take care and enjoy the rest of your trip Heidi!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking us "along" on the trip. I enjoyed Colin's top five ~ reminded me of FG's top five. Kids are entertained by some interesting things, aren't they?

Hi to Alex!!!

Unknown said...

Yeah a post from Colin...

When you get back you should open a flicker acct just for the trip so we can see all the shots...

The Mrs. said...

feeding the pigeons! Thats great, its like taking the kids to disney and they are talking about seeing a squirrel.