Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Day 1: let the fun begin

We made it! Oh I hate those long flights but Colin was just PERFECT! Okay so we arrived to a city that is cold and rainy. Not exactly how I wanted the weather to be especially if you are so tired. We put our stuff away and out we went . . . just planned on walking around for a few hours. We managed to pop into a few churches and had pizza for lunch. I am trying to map out the week. There is a public computer right outside our room but not sure how much I will use it . . .

Now I keep everything when it comes to places I might want to travel. When this adventure started looking like it was going to happen then I pulled out all my old travel stuff. I knew where the first stop had to be. Can you guess where we might be? A little hint: my second favorite flower is in abundance in this country . . . and a young girl wrote a very touching journal which in this city . . . okay so that was easy!

So we have arrived for the first leg of our trip . . . let's just hope it meets all the hype that I have it built up to be . . .

So back to my travel stuff . . . back in April 2001 (I have the email as proof) I emailed the exact same place we are spending the next few days . . . and the room is 50 euro cheaper in 2009 than in 2001. I did not realize it until after I had already confirmed this place after the suggestion from Tom who stayed there a few years back. Now, isn't that crazy?

Figure it out yet?


So for the next few days we are here in Amsterdam at Maes B&B.

5 comments:

KBG said...

I hope you guys have a blast - you are very brave taking a 5-year-old on a month long European vacay!!!

Sunny said...

I wish you an amazing trip. Thanks for keeping the blog updated. I would go to the van gough museaum every morning and look at the sunflower paiting, never knew it was so 3D!

The Mrs. said...

Have an amazing time! Enjoy all those tulips, please take lots of pictures and post them when you can.

oh and could you make the font a smidge bigger for those of us with four eyes? : )

Stephanie said...

Have fun!

Thomas & Elva said...

Hey! Glad you made it safe and sound and are having a good time so far. Hope you continue to have a fantastic time. We're looking forward to more posts.

Elva

P.S. Was the pizza you ate from da Portare Via? We ate there three times when we were there! Have you tried the Pancake Battery yet?