Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 3: Hello Helsinki

Well the first leg of the trip started today . . . first stop was Helsinki. Yes, another new country!! So in less than 48 hours both of my suitcases have once again been left behind . . . can you believe that? They were stuck in Frankfurt first and now Amsterdam . . . and the kicker was the layover was over 90 minutes and just a few gates down from where we made the connection. I swear it drives me crazy but they were tracked and should be here early tomorrow morning . . . I hate not having my stuff. It did feel odd to leave the airport with NOTHING! After we arrived we spent the early evening just walking around the city . . . a major detour landed us on Embassy row but finally found a nice area for dinner. The restaurant was called Texas and the food was pretty good. The thing that I am having a hard time adjusting is that at 11 it is just getting dark. My first impression of Helsinki is so not what I thought but maybe my thoughts will change before we head to our next stop?

0 comments: